- You can have an unlimited number of projects.
- Each project can have an unlimited number of Tasks.
- Optional Alarms, Desktop Notifications and Prompts when task ends.
- All tasks can be repeated in what is called a set.
- Prompts to begin each task and each (if any) set repetitions.
- Alarm sounds and message is displayed when task timer ends.
- Upload custom sound files or choose from stock alarm sound files.
- Download Tim-ta Configuration for backup or to send to other devices.
- Upload Tim-ta Configuration from other devices or from friends.
- Launch timers in new window (under development).
- Progress bars for each task.
Table of Contents
- Upload Custom Sound Files
- Custom Sound Files (Uploaded)
- Stock Sound Files
- Download Tim-ta Configuration
- Upload Tim-ta Configuration
- Work In Progress
- Tim-ta Buttons
- Tim-ta Configuration Kept in Local Storage
- Running Project Timers in a Popup Window
Upload Custom Sound Files
Selected Sounds in Memory
Custom Sound Files (Uploaded)
Below are custom sound files that have been uploaded. If no custom sounds have been uploaded, then you will only see a solid line.
The Firefox Web Browser limits localStorage to 5MB. This doesn’t allow for many custom sound files. The other web browsers have a larger quota. To increase quota in Firefox, follow these steps:
Enter “about:config” in the address bar -> search for “dom.storage.default_quota” -> edit value and enter larger value (e.g. 25120) (default is 5120).
Firefox doesn’t support
.wavfiles very well. It is recommended you convert them to
.mp3or similar format before uploading.
ffmpeg -i track01.wav -acodec mp3 track01.mp3
Or use an free online conversion service.
Stock Sound Files
The following sound files are always available direct from the Pippim Website.
These are Tim-ta stock sound files you can use when a timer task ends:
Download Tim-ta Configuration
Download your TIm-ta Configuration from your browser’s Local Storage. You can send the download to another device or browser. You can attach the file to an email message to yourself to serve as a backup.
Upload Tim-ta Configuration
Upload TIm-ta Configuration to Local Storage. New Projects and new Tasks will be added. Existing Projects and Tasks will be updated.
Projects and Tasks are never be deleted.
Imported Sound filenames are ignored because they may not exist.
Selected Configuration in Memory
Work In Progress
Tim-ta development started April 11, 2022. A budget of two months has been given to this project.
Initially all the features in Multi-Timer will be provided. After that, new features will be added.
NOTE: Some Multi-timer features such as locking the screen cannot be done from a web browser.
Tim-ta Version 1.1
September 16, 2022 Update
- Running timers can appear in popup windows that launch when large screen (>1007 pixels) is active.
- When you move or resize a popup window it restarts the same way the next time that Project is run.
- There are limitations with browsers being able to move to far right and far bottom positions.
- Running timer task name and remaining time appears in window title bar.
- “Override” button for task timer to restart/end, +/- time remaining, play/pause.
- When switching on Desktop Notifications, immediately check if browser permission has been granted.
- A new enhancement has begun to convert version 1.0 of Tim-ta with saved popup window locations and sizes in version 1.1.
September 24, 2022 Update
- Tim-ta conversion to version 1.1 is complete.
- Development has begun on a dark theme for the popup window.
October 10, 2022 Update
- Dark theme for entire Pippim website is complete.
October 16, 2022 Update
- Fix rounded ends of progress bar. They were straight.
- Begin fine-tuning Rouge Code Syntax Highlighting theme “Monokai Sublime”
Tim-ta Version 1.0 Development History
May 8, 2022 Update
- Sound files are saved to local storage. This saves bandwidth when they are played.
- Configuration, Projects, Tasks and Run Timers tables / forms are complete.
- Advanced draggable window alert/prompt technology is complete.
- Upload Alarm Custom Sound Files has begun.
May 14, 2022 Update
- Upload Custom Sound Files has been completed. Take note how to increase Local Storage quota from 5 MB (Megabytes).
- Global Pippim Website redesign for mobile screens begins shortly.
- Then media controls for running timers will be moved from separate window to the footer section of Run Project.
- Then a mechanism for exporting and importing Tim-ta Projects will be started.
May 27, 2022 Update
- New design for mobile complete.
- New copy code button implemented.
- Exporting (download) and importing (upload) Tim-ta Projects has begun.
May 31, 2022 Update
- Exporting (download) Tim-ta configuration went very quickly (a few hours).
- Importing (upload) Tim-ta Projects and Tasks has taken a few days so far and it is only half done.
June 12, 2022 Update
- Importing (upload) Tim-ta Projects and Tasks completed.
- New stock sound files (Alarm_01.mp3, Alarm_02.mp3 and Alarm_03.mp3) uploaded.
June 25, 2022 Update
- When alarm sounds, image of shaking alarm clock appears. Close window to end alarm sound early.
- New code (HTML & CSS) for system wide buttons.
Tim-ta (Timed-tasks) gives a countdown timer where each task is always a predetermined amount of time. For example, when doing the laundry it might be:
15 minutes and 30 seconds for the wash cycle
13 minutes and 15 seconds for the rinse cycle
58 minutes for the dryer
With Tim-ta you arrive at the washer and dryer the exact second you need to be there. You’ll Never miss the rinse cycle fabric softener to eliminate static cling. You’ll never have wrinkled clothes from being left overnight in the dryer.
There are other examples where you can use Tim-ta:
- Cooking food
- Working out
- Education class time for different topics
- Sharing computer time between siblings
These are the buttons used in Tim-ta.
♫ Listen to sound file.
⏹ Stop listening to sound file.
⚙ In the footer, edit configuration settings. On detail line for small screen, open more buttons control box.
+ Add a new project or a new task.
⌫ Go back one screen or cancel operation.
☰ Display list of projects or list of tasks.
✍ Edit a Project or Task.
🗑 Delete a Project or Task.
▶ Run Project’s Timed Tasks.
Δ Override currently running Task’s time remaining.
⇧ Move a Project or Task up in list.
⇩ Move a Project or Task down in list.
Timer Countdown Override Buttons
While a Task Timer is counting down, you can click on the progress bar and the task timer override box appears. You can also click the Delta (“Δ” Override) button and the currently running progress bar is automatically selected.
⏮ Restart Task timer.
− Rewind Task timer 10 seconds.
⏯ If playing, then pause. If paused, then play.
+ Fast forward Task timer 10 seconds.
⏭ Go to Task timer end.
Tim-ta Configuration Kept in Local Storage
A single file called
ttaConfig is used to store
Tim-ta information for Configuration settings,
Projects and Tasks. You should back this file up.
See Download section. The
backup can be used on another device or browser.
See Upload section.
ttaConfig is kept in “Local Storage”.
Local Storage is also used to store every stock
alarm sound file and custom sound file. Each
of your devices and browsers will keep it’s
own copy of local storage. To transfer data
between two browsers or different devices use
the Upload/Download linked in the previous
To view Local Storage (from Chrome and Firefox browsers):
- Use Control + Shift + i to open “Developer Tools”
- Select the “Storage” tab in Developer Tools
- Scroll down to the “Local Storage” section and expand the details
Running Project Timers in a Popup Window
On large monitors, or on multiple-monitor systems, you can run Project Task Timers in a popup window. The smaller popup window can then be mostly covered up by other working windows.
When the smaller popup window sounds an alarm it will move above the other working windows.
In order to allow popup windows, go to Firefox settings:
Notice how popups are allowed for the
This allows the popup window to gain focus when alarm sounds.
If you don’t set this then popup window still runs but, it
doesn’t steal focus when alarm sounds. EG it stays in the
background behind other windows when the alarm sounds.
Popup Window Geometry Saved Settings
When you close a popup window the last position and size is saved. The next time you run the timer the popup window appears at the last saved location.
Each project has it’s own popup window location saved. So from two different browser tabs you can have two popup windows running simultaneously.
As of September 18, 2022 browsers have limitations on multiple monitor setups. Namely on some monitors the popup window will refuse to open at the far right or far bottom. It will be moved by the browser further left or further up accordingly. The browser companies are currently working on upgrades for better support of multiple-monitor setups.